Allen Feghali has been an attorney at Moon & Yang, APC since May 2015, where his practice is focused exclusively on advocating for the rights of employees at the trial-court and appellate levels. Mr. Feghali has played a critical role in obtaining outstanding results for employees in class action litigation as well as individual cases for harassment, whistleblowing and discrimination. He routinely handles complex employment matters in state and federal courts.
Mr. Feghali completed his undergraduate degree at the University of California, Santa Barbara and received his Juris Doctorate from the University of La Verne. He is a member in good standing with the California State Bar and in the United States District Court for the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California.
Mr. Feghali’s litigation experience includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Mr. Feghali briefed, argued, and won Lee, et al. v. The Christian Herald, U.S.A., Inc. No. B266853, 2017 WL 6333905, at *1 (Cal. Ct. App. Dec. 12, 2017). There, the Court of Appeal reversed a dismissal of an individual defendant following the trial court’s granting of a demurrer without leave to amend relating to alter ego allegations.
- Mr. Feghali prepared the briefing which resulted in a remand order in Sotelo v. Belfor USA Group, Inc. 2018 WL 1352910 (CD Cal. March, 13, 2018). Defendants sought to remove the case based on the inclusion of a “sham defendant”, but the court agreed with Mr. Feghali’s briefing which argued that the individual defendant, who was alleged to have harassed the plaintiff under FEHA, was a proper defendant.
- Mr. Feghali served as second chair in an individual wage and hour trial in the matter of Herrera v. Shamtoob, et al. (LASC Case No. BC575656) which resulted in a verdict for the plaintiff. In this trial, the key issue was whether the plaintiff, who the defendants argued was a “day-laborer”, was an employee for purposes of Labor Code protections.
- During his tenure at Moon & Yang, APC, Mr. Feghali has played an integral role in recovering millions of dollars worth of stolen wages through individual and class action lawsuits.
University of La Verne College of Law, La Verne, California
- Juris Doctorate
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
Current Employment Position
- Attorney, 2015
- Lee, et al. v. The Christian Herald, U.S.A., Inc. No. B266853, 2017 WL 6333905, at *1 (Cal. Ct. App. Dec. 12, 2017)
- Sotelo v. Belfor USA Group, Inc. 2018 WL 1352910 (CD Cal. March, 13, 2018)
- Herrera v. Shamtoob, et al. (LASC Case No. BC575656)