You Deserve Fair Treatment Before, After And During Pregnancy
After spending so many hours every week at work, you should feel safe and respected with your coworkers. What happens when that changes? Pregnancy discrimination is a real issue in many workplaces, and it shouldn’t be tolerated.
At Moon & Yang, APC, we advocate for employees who have been mistreated and disrespected. Based in Los Angeles, we work hard to pursue maximum compensation for your case and help you fight for the justice you deserve.
How To Spot Pregnancy Discrimination
Pregnancy discrimination can be more than inappropriate comments and verbal harassment. If you’re unable to work due to your pregnancy, or need special accommodations, your employer should be able to grant those to you. Some signs of pregnancy discrimination may include:
- Your employer being unwilling to reassign duties you can’t complete
- Your employer being unwilling to give you light work if you’re unable to lift heavy boxes
- Being passed over for a promotion or raise
- Firing an employee for being pregnant
- Your employer being unwilling to grant you disability leave or unpaid leave
- Other decisions your employer makes, based on your pregnancy
An employer who isn’t willing to provide the expected provisions before, during and after your pregnancy may be subjecting you to discrimination because of your pregnancy. If you’re not sure whether an employer has discriminated against you, reach out to us today. We can help answer your questions and explain your options.
What To Do If Your Employer Has Discriminated Against You
Ultimately, working with an attorney is the best way to protect your rights if you’re facing discrimination. However, there are several steps you can take before and after you’ve found a lawyer you trust, including:
- Keep a record of the discrimination, including any written exchanges, videos or pictures that could be used as evidence
- Speak to the HR department in your company to understand your rights
- Obtain proof that the quality of your work hasn’t decreased and keep any emails or messages containing praise from coworkers or clients
You deserve to be rewarded for your hard work. Don’t let a disrespectful employer make you feel unappreciated. Call our firm today to learn more about how we can help you fight for the justice you deserve.
Speak With An Attorney For Free
We advocate for clients throughout California and help them fight for justice in their workplaces. If you’re facing discrimination or feel disrespected at work, call the attorneys at Moon & Yang, APC, today at 213-232-3128. You can also reach out to us online with any questions or concerns.
We’re committed to helping you get a successful outcome for your case. Contact us today for your free consultation.