Do You Believe That Your Employer Is Discriminating Against You?
An employer’s unequal treatment of job applicants or employees can constitute workplace discrimination. Although federal laws and California state’s laws prohibit it, workplace discrimination still occurs all too often. When it does, the impact can be professionally and emotionally damaging and financially costly.
At Moon & Yang, APC, our Los Angeles employment attorneys fight workplace discrimination. Diligent and tenacious, our lawyers can help you protect your rights and hold an employer accountable for subjecting you to any type of workplace discrimination. Our goal is to help our clients pursue all available legal remedies so they can maximize their recoveries and secure the justice — and compensation — they deserve.
What Are The Different Types Of Workplace Discrimination?
There are various forms of workplace discrimination. Moon & Yang, APC, can assist you no matter what type you are experiencing.
- Age discrimination: Employers are prohibited from discriminating against employees who are 40 and older.
- Disability discrimination: It is also illegal for employers to discriminate against employees due to physical disabilities or mental impairments.
- Gender discrimination: A job applicant’s or employee’s gender is another personal characteristic protected under antidiscrimination laws. It is illegal for employers to treat workers of a certain gender unequally or unfairly because of their gender. This includes all forms of sexual harassment.
- FMLA discrimination: The Family and Medical Leave Act gives employees the right to take unpaid leave for certain health and family-related reasons; firing someone for using this leave is against the law.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Employers may not fire or demote women who become pregnant.
- Race or ethnicity discrimination: Discriminating against prospective or current employees because of their skin color, ethnic group or country of origin is also against the law.
- Religious discrimination: Employers are also prohibited from unfairly or negatively treating employees on the basis of their religion, including a lack of belief.
Get A Free Consultation To Find Out More About Your Rights
If you have been the target of any type of workplace discrimination, it’s time to contact the employment lawyers at Moon & Yang, APC. Our unparalleled representation, as well as our personal service and strong commitment to our clients, empower us to position workplace discrimination cases for successful outcomes. We also strive to provide maximum value while respecting our clients’ time and money.
To get your free consultation, call 213-232-3128 or schedule your consultation online.